The Device Profile defines the device capabilities and boot parameters that are needed by ChirpStack Network Server to "connect" with a device.
LoRaWAN® Backend Interface
The following fields are described by the LoRaWAN Backend Interfaces specification. Fields marked with an X are implemented by ChirpStack Network Server.
- SupportsClassB End-Device supports Class B
- ClassBTimeout Maximum delay for the End-Device to answer a MAC request or a confirmed DL frame (mandatory if class B mode supported)
- PingSlotPeriod Mandatory if class B mode supported
- PingSlotDR Mandatory if class B mode supported
- PingSlotFreq Mandatory if class B mode supported
- SupportsClassC End-Device supports Class C
- ClassCTimeout Maximum delay for the End-Device to answer a MAC request or a confirmed DL frame (mandatory if class C mode supported)
- MACVersion Version of the LoRaWAN supported by the End-Device
- RegParamsRevision Revision of the Regional Parameters document supported by the End-Device
- SupportsJoin End-Device supports Join (OTAA) or not (ABP)
- RXDelay1 Class A RX1 delay (mandatory for ABP)
- RXDROffset1 RX1 data rate offset (mandatory for ABP)
- RXDataRate2 RX2 data rate (mandatory for ABP)
- RXFreq2 RX2 channel frequency (mandatory for ABP)
- FactoryPresetFreqs List of factory-preset frequencies (mandatory for ABP)
- MaxEIRP Maximum EIRP supported by the End-Device
- MaxDutyCycle Maximum duty cycle supported by the End-Device
- RFRegion RF region name (automatically set by ChirpStack Network Server)
- Supports32bitFCnt End-Device uses 32bit FCnt (mandatory for LoRaWAN 1.0 End-Device) (always set to
The following extra fields can be used to configure the geolocation buffer:
- GeolocBufferTTL Maximum TTL for items in the geolocation buffer.
- GeolocMinBufferSize Minimum required buffer size before using geolocation.