After completing these steps, you will have a Multitech Conduit running both the
packet-forwarder and ChirpStack Gateway Bridge. The packet-forwarder will forward
the UDP data to
localhost:1700 and the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge will forward
this data over MQTT to a MQTT broker.
- Web-interface log in
- Packet-forwarder setup
- Enable SSH
- SSH log in
- ChirpStack Gateway Bridge install
It is also asumed that you already have completed the network setup of your gateway and that you have obtained the IP address. In case your gateway has been setup with DHCP, this IP address usually can be obtained by logging into your internet router.
The mPower web-interface can be accessed by entering
your browser. As the web-interface uses a self-signed certificate, your browser
will probably raise a warning.
- In the left menu, click LoRaWAN®
- Under LoRa mode, select PACKET FORWARDER
- Under LoRa Packet Forwarder Configuration enter / select the following settings:
- Network Settings
- Network: Manual
- Channel Plan: The desired channel-plan
- Server Settings
- Server Address: 127.0.0.1
- Upstream Port: 1700
- Downstream Port: 1700
- Network Settings
- Click Submit, and then Save and Appy in the left menu.
After completing these steps, you should see RUNNING under the Packet Forwarder Status.
In order to install ChirpStack packages on the gateway, you must first enable SSH.
- In the left menu, click Administration and then Access configuration.
- Under SSH Settings, make sure this option is Enabled.
- In case of changes, click Submit and then Save and Apply in the left menu.
To log in into your gateway, use the following command:
USERNAME is the username that you use to gain access to the web-interface
of the gateway and
IP-ADDRESS with the IP address of the gateway.
Log in using SSH if you haven't done so yet (see above step).
Download the latest
.ipkpackage from https://artifacts.chirpstack.io/vendor/multitech/conduit/. For example, execute the following command on the gateway:
Now that the .ipk package is stored on the Conduit, you can install it using the opkg package-manager utility. Example (assuming the same .ipk file):
sudo opkg install chirpstack-gateway-bridge_4.0.10-r1_arm926ejste.ipk
Update the ChirpStack Gateway Bridge configuration. You will find the configuration file in the
/var/config/chirpstack-gateway-bridgedirectory. Most likely, you want to change the following configuration:
- MQTT connection details (with the hostname of your MQTT broker)
- MQTT topic templates (with the correct topic prefix)
Restart ChirpStack Gateway Bridge:
sudo monit restart chirpstack-gateway-bridge